Terms and Conditions
Summer Club - Terms and Conditions
- Your booking is valid once we have received the following:
- Completed booking form
- Completed medical form
- Payment in full
- St Benedict’s does not offer refunds if you cancel your booking or your child is unable to attend for any reason.
- In the unlikely event your booking is cancelled by ourselves, St Benedict’s will offer a prompt and full refund of all monies paid.
- If your booking is cancelled by ourselves for one of the following reasons beyond our reasonable control, refunds will not apply:
- Fire, flood or storm
- Acts of God
- Civil commotion
- Environmental Contamination
Payment must be made in full via the website, prior to your child attending the Club.
St Benedict’s accepts childcare vouchers as a form of payment for bookings from the following companies:
- Busy Bees
- Employers for Childcare
e. We do not accept paper childcare vouchers.
f. Payment made by childcare vouchers must be completed 2 weeks prior to your child attending the Club for the booking to be valid. Childcare vouchers will not be accepted as a means of payment on the day of attendance.
- We accept no liability for overpayment by your CVV provider. No refund of overpayment can be made.
- We do not accept liability for loss, damage, distress, accident, injury, or the death of any child unless caused by the negligence of St Benedict’s.
- We do not accept liability for the loss or damage to any property belonging to or carried by any child.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation (including to action any alteration or cancellation) due to any case beyond our reasonable control.
- The signatory shall be liable for all damages caused by the child named on the booking form that is not classed as accidental or ‘fair wear and tear’.
4. Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- First Aid trained staff will be present on site at all times.
- All staff working for the Club are DBS checked.
- The Club Co-ordinator and Activities Director are both Safeguarding Level 3 qualified.
- In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care. The emergency services will be called if this is deemed necessary.
- A record of all accidents is kept and you will be informed of any accident/first aid administered to your child at the end of each day unless it is deemed necessary to contact you prior to this.
5. Medication, Illness and Behaviour
- Medical forms must be completed and submitted prior to your child arriving at the Club.
- Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to the Club Co-ordinator for safe keeping.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure St Benedict’s is fully aware, in advance, of any medical or behavioural problems known to you that are relevant to your child’s attendance, interaction with others or participation in activities.
- If your child presents symptoms of illness, we will contact you and if necessary request you to collect your child.
- We reserve the right to require you to keep your child at home if the illness is contagious, infectious or represents a risk to other children in any way.
- We reserve the right to exclude any person at any time when it is deemed necessary in the view of St Benedict’s.
- We have a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying or persistent poor behaviour of any kind. We reserve the right to ask parents to remove children from the Club should this be necessary and refunds will not apply.
6. On the day
- If your child cannot attend a scheduled day at the Club, you must telephone the Club Co-ordinator or the School Office as early as possible to allow us to update our records.
- Please ensure your child has sun cream on prior to being dropped off and has sun cream in their bag for top-ups during the day.
- Please ensure your child has a change of clothes with them in case of activities with water.
- Drinking water will always be available to children throughout the day.
- Please ensure your child brings a packed lunch and sufficient snacks to the Club each day.
7. Data Protection
- St Benedict’s School is registered as a Data Controller under GDPR 2018 and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (reg no. Z5539435).
You can view our Data Protection and Privacy notices here: St Benedict's School Policies
- Personal details held about you and your child for the purposes of the Summer Club will be kept secure and confidential in line with our policies and compliance with UK Data Protection legislation. All personal data will be destroyed within 18 months of the last booking made in your child’s name. Any data or information regarding safeguarding concerns will be kept indefinitely in accordance with safeguarding guidelines.
- We would like to be able to contact you regarding our future products and services and will ask your consent to do this during the registration/booking process. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Any queries regarding our Data Protection policy or how personal data is processed by the School can be referred to the Bursar at the following email: email@example.com
- We reserve the right to alter or vary itineraries in the event of unfavourable weather or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- Water play will only be available to children who are able to appropriately and independently dress themselves.