Terms and Conditions
Summer Club - Terms and Conditions
1. Booking and Cancellation
- A deposit of £50.00 per person per week, with the completed and signed booking and medical form, must be received in order to confirm your booking.
- No booking is valid until St Benedict’s has received the online booking form and confirmation of the booking has been sent to the person completing the booking form. This will be done via email. Payment of the deposit is regarded as your acceptance of these conditions of booking.
- If you wish to cancel a booking for any reason, you must do so in writing (email is acceptable)
- St Benedict’s reserves the right to apply the following cancellation charges in addition to retention of the deposit payment:
- 14 – 28 days in advance of the first day of the week(s) booked; 80% of total cost
- 13 days or less in advance of the first day of the week(s) booked; 100% of total cost
- The deposit and other payments made for a booking may be transferred into another name before the commencement of the week(s) booked, for the additional cost of £10.00. The request to do so must be communicated in writing to the Club Director (email is acceptable) no less than 5 working days prior to the first day of the week(s) booked.
- St Benedict’s reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel your booking and in this unlikely event will offer a prompt and full refund of all monies paid, unless the cancellation is for the reasons outlined in “Other” section below.
- St Benedict’s will not provide refunds for any days or time missed through illness.
The Early Bird Discount applies to all weekly bookings made before the date specified in the Early Bird offer.
The Multiple Booking Discount will apply to the total cost of 2 or more weekly bookings made in one session. This can be applied at any time when making 2 or more weekly bookings. This can be applied to different children over different weeks, or the same child over multiple weeks.
If 2 or more weekly bookings are made at the same time, and before the date specified in the Early Bird offer, the Early Bird discount of 10% will be applied to the total cost before the Multiple Booking Discount of a further 10% is applied. See below for worked example.
A booking for two children at one week of the Club would be processed as follows:
- £210 per week X 2 children = £420.
- £420 – 10% = £378
- £378 – 10% = £340.20
Final cost for two children at one week of the Club, with both Early Bird and Multiple Booking Discount applied = £340.20.
- A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 to secure booking.
- Further payment of the full balance will be due by Monday 25th June 2018. This will be detailed on the invoice.
- Any bookings made on or after Monday 25th June must be paid in full.
Paying with Childcare Vouchers
St Benedict’s accepts online childcare vouchers (CCVs) as a form of payment for bookings from the following companies:
- Busy Bees (Parents must request Busy Bees to make payment to the Summer Club bank account, not St Benedict’s School. Please contact a member of the Summer Club team before doing so.)
- Employers for Childcare
Please note we do not accept paper childcare vouchers.
Your booking will not be confirmed until we receive and process your CCVs.
Please contact the Club Director, Mr William Bedford on email@example.com to inform us that you wish to pay in this way.
Once confirmed with the Club Director, you will then receive a confirmation email from St Benedict’s. Please then contact your CCV provider and quote your booking reference number. Your CCV provider will contact us to arrange payment.
Please allow 5 working days for your CCV to reach us from your provider. All funds must have cleared into our account by Friday 13th July 2018. Bookings made after this point must be paid in full by credit or debit card.
Please ask your provider to reference the payment as “St Benedict’s Summer Club (insert full name of child).
We accept no liability for overpayment by your CCV provider and any subsequent refund of overpayment will result in a £25 administration charge per booking.
- We do not accept any liability for loss, damage, distress, accident, injury or the death of any child unless caused by the negligence of St Benedict’s.
- We do not accept liability for the loss or damage to any property belonging to, or carried by, any child.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation (including to action any alteration or cancellation) due to any case beyond our reasonable control including war, act of God, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, environmental contamination, fire, flood, storm, in connection with the performance of this agreement. No refund will be made, except at St Benedict’s discretion.
- The signatory shall be liable for all damages caused by the child named on the booking form that is not classed as accidental or ‘fair wear and tear’.
- Any medical condition which might make it impossible or inadvisable for a child to take part in any activity must be disclosed on the medical form (associated with the booking form).
5. Pick up and drop off
Drop Off is between 08:30 & 09.00.
Pick Up is between 16:00 & 16.30.
Breakfast Club is between 07:30 & 08:30.
Late Leavers is between 16:30 &18:00.
Both are open to all children at a rate of £7.50 per child per session.
6. Safeguarding and Health and Safety
First Aid trained staff will be on site at all times. The Club Director and Assistant Club Director are both Level 3 Safeguarding qualified.
In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care. The emergency services will be called if necessary.
We will keep a record of all accidents, stating the action that was taken and the first-aid administered. We will inform you of any accident and first aid administered to your child at the end of each day unless it is deemed necessary to contact you at an earlier point.
If your child presents symptoms of illness we will contact you and, if necessary, ask you to collect your child.
We reserve the right to require you to keep your child at home if the illness is contagious or infectious or represents in any other way a risk to others.
If your child is ill and will not be attending the day, please inform the office as early as possible that morning.
Please be aware that no refunds will be available for children who miss days at the Summer Club due to illness.
When making a booking, please complete the medical form available on the link below.
It is important we know of all medical needs prior to your child arriving at the Club.
Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to the Club Director for safe-keeping
It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to advise St Benedict’s fully, in advance, of any medical or behavioural problems known to you relevant to the child’s attendance, interaction with others and participation in activities.
We reserve the right to exclude any person at any time when in the view of St Benedict’s it is reasonably necessary to do so.
9. Sun Cream and Keeping Hydrated
Please provide sun cream in your child’s bag.
Group Leaders will ensure sun cream is worn by all children when participating in activities out in the sun.
Water will always be available to all children throughout the day.
We will make sure all children wash their hands before eating and drinking.
Please ensure that your child brings a packed lunch every day to camp.
11. Child Exclusion
St Benedict’s has a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care and have approved procedures for managing behaviour.
We follow a zero tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind.
On rare occasions, and in more serious cases, we reserve the right to ask parents to remove children from camp. No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parents’ responsibility.
12. Notice of Absence
If a child is not attending a scheduled day on camp, you must telephone the Club Director or the School Office to allow us to update our records.
13. Photography / Filming
Please be aware that St Benedict’s will occasionally take photographs/video footage of children on Club for promotional reasons.
If filming is due to take place, Club staff will inform you on arrival and your child can be ‘opted out’ if you wish.
The School’s Images Policy can be found here https://www.stbenedicts.org.uk/policies.
14. Your Feedback / Complaints
If you have concerns or suggestions, please tell us; we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services.
If you have a concern regarding the Club and would like to make a complaint, in the first instance, this should be raised informally with the Club Director.
If you are not satisfied with the response and would like to make a formal complaint, please do so to the Club Director in writing (email is acceptable).
If you are still not satisfied to the response of the formal complaint, please submit a written complaint to the Headmaster in writing (email is acceptable).
14. Data Protection
St Benedict’s School is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Its registration number is Z5539435.
The School's Data Protection Policy may be found at https://www.stbenedicts.org.uk/policies
The School’s Privacy Notices may be found at https://www.stbenedicts.org.uk/policies
To process your booking, we need to collect personal details about you and your children. We will treat it as confidential and keep it secure, complying with all relevant UK legislation. All personal data will be destroyed within 18 months of the last booking made in your child’s name. Any data or information regarding safeguarding issues will be kept indefinitely.
We would also like to use some of your details to tell you about our products and services in the future, and will ask for your consent during the registration / booking process. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Any queries about this Policy or how personal data is processed by the School should be referred to the Bursar.
FAO The Bursar
St Benedict’s School
54 Eaton Rise
- We reserve the right to alter or vary itineraries in the event of unfavourable weather, or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- It is accepted that children booked onto the Club are automatically allowed to partake in organised activities at the St Benedict’s Perivale Sports Grounds. This includes being transported in a school mini bus driven by a St Benedict’s employee with suitable driving qualifications.
- Some activities will be run by outside providers, namely; Virtual Reality, Forensic Science, African Drumming and Problem Solving. The remaining activities will all be run by St Benedict’s Summer Club staff and at least one colleague will be present throughout any externally run session. All external providers will have received enhanced DBS checks.
- If on the first day of the Club a child fails to enjoy him/herself, and the parent or guardian does not wish him/her to attend the rest of camp, 80% of the total weekly cost will be refunded.